|—||Roald Dahl (via alaelia)|
This right here, ladies and gentlemen, just might be the best beauty-and-beast-story ever.
Because any little girl (or boy for that matter) should grow up knowing that you could be a giant green ogre, and you’d still be bloody gorgeous to the ones that matter. And not in the “oh, I can overlook your flaws” -kind of way. But in the “those aren’t flaws, they are beauty spots!”-kind of way.
the donkey fucked a dragon
oh my god
I gathered a compilation of interesting facts from various books I’ve read:
- It was previously thought that newborn babies weren’t conscious and couldn’t feel pain. So often circumcisions and surgery would be performed without any anesthesia.
- The popular theory with consciousness and fetuses is that the fetus is sedated in the womb. They are bathed in a fluid that contains natural anesthetics and sleep inducing chemicals.
- Locked in syndrome is when a person is completely aware but can’t move any part of their body except for their eyes.
- Using transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS), researchers have been able to induce hallucinations in people, such as making them think they have smelled burnt toast or moved their arm when they really haven’t
- Psychosomatic is when a mental factor produces physical effects. The most bizarre, is pseudocyesis or when one starts to exhibits symptoms of pregnancy even though they really aren’t pregnant.
- The thalamus and prefrontal cortex of the brain are thought to be vital for consciousness
- Your consciousness can only register one item at a time. Sure you can hold a baby and read a book at the same time, but usually one of the tasks will require less attention and be automatic (holding a baby). Think of it this way, you can’t read two books at the same time can you?
SOURCE: Most of these are from "Deciphering How the Brain Codes Our Thoughts" by Stanislas Dehaene
Hope you learned something!
That was my exact reaction when I read that to be honest
I’m seeing a trend within our youth…
That’s stupid, so what if he’s black
Stop trying to put people in teams
the post is just celebrating the accomplishments of a black teenager, something the media rarely ever does. there’s nothing stupid about it
"Of course there aren’t any gay characters in animated movies! THEY’RE FOR KIDS!"
Yeah! Kids’ movies are supposed to be innoc-
Because telling kids that they can love whoever they want is TOO TERRIFYING AND CONFUSING. But showing them murder, execution, death, frightening images, war, and bullying is just fine.
Not to mention 101 Dalmatians where a crazy woman wanted to SKIN 99 PUPPIES
don’t blame women for the fact that someone they trusted betrayed them in such an intimate way
solidarity with my ladies
for real i’m so sick of everyone blaming women when their asshole partners share their PRIVATE, CONSENSUAL pictures with the public
THIS IS FOR EVERY GENDER
things that are okay
- queer hogwarts students
- muggleborns at hogwarts headcanons
- in-depth analyses of the hogwarts’ houses
- neato graphics
- new in-text/in-movie connections
things that are not okay
- sad stories of george living in a world without fred